Background

Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Capella Academy Audition!

Hello fellow people of the universe! Just yesterday, as I was scrolling through my twitter feed (https://twitter.com/hannahbanana8980),I came upon a delightful discovery. I had stumbled upon a tweet reminding people to submit their auditions and applications for A Cappella Academy before February 1st. What is A Cappella Academy you ask? It is a nine day camp full of a cappella music and training in Los Angles. And get this, it's hosted by Pentatonix! I immediately researched it to find out about this said audition and application process. Turns out, it was simple! Or so I thought at the time. A simple video audition can't be that hard right? So, you have to pick two different songs that show off your voice. Then sing some scales, tell them why you want to be apart of the program, and whoi-la! You're done. At the time I had no idea that it would take 7 DIFFERENT TIMES TO SHOOT IT. It was a pain, to say the least. The lighting was wrong, I stuttered, my face looked weird. Finally I got the perfect shot. An hour of editing later, I uploaded it to YouTube. Then proceeded to freak out since I couldn't find it. Turns out, it can take up to two days for your video on YouTube to be searchable and watchable. I'm really excited to see what they think. They can only take 60 people, and I hope to be apart of it. Results come out March 1st. Wish me luck! Much love, Hannah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi5eUAEgS_Q Here is the link in case you wanted to watch it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment