Background

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Disneybounding Basics

source
Yo! So I just got back from Disneyland, and I wanted to post about something that is near and dear to my heart. Disneybounding. Now, you're probably asking yourself: What is 'disneybounding'? According to this Disney blog post (X) based on the creator of the Disneybound Idea, Leslie Kay, it has this as a definition: "[Disneybounding] has become popularly used as a verb, meaning to go to create and dress in an outfit inspired heavily by a Disney character, film theme, or attraction.


I have come to realize that disneybounding is quite easy and anyone can do it! Boys and girls should be encouraged to 'Show their DisneySide' (no I am not being paid by Disney to say that) each and every day. From my experience I can tell you three things:
  1. Disneybounding is all about the specific colors you use, yes even shades are important. I was drawing inspiration from a Tower of Terror bell hop. If I had just worn a generic shade of Crayola red, the concept would have come off completely wrong. I probably would have been thought of as Minnie or Mickey Mouse, but with the deep wine color Tink thought I was a pirate because of my boots, but some people I talked to in line said that they could see the bell hop. *I know that I reiterated Tink's thoughts, but I am fully aware that the fairy shown is Fawn.*
source
2.  Its all about the details. Leslie Kay says: "The best way to pull together your DisneyBound is by looking at what symbols and imagery are common to your character or your character’s story. Include those in your accessories! Use the colors that are featured the least on your character as accent colors – for purses, or shoes!

3.  Have fun! Putting together outfits that are inspired by your favorite characters. Don't go out and buy things you think will never wear again. Go through your closet, you might be able do something you hadn't thought of before.

Now, go and show the world your DisneySide! Love ya!!
-M

**For more tips on how to disneybound, click (here). For some inspiration click on any of the polyvore icons below our names in the sidebar. For more inspiration go (here), you can search outfits and see others in their outfits to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment