Background

Saturday, June 14, 2014

How To: Survive Your Best Friends Graduating

School is out! Woo hoo! Sun, sand, movies, friends and late nights. Unless your friends are graduating. And then leaving the state. We all have those friends who are older than us and we just feel a connection with them that we don't feel with people our age. Graduation was today and I didn't attend because to be honest, I couldn't handle it. I couldn't handle the fact that my best friends in the entire world would be walking across a stage, signaling the end to their high school career. I so wish that I could have been up there with them, but the world is not a wish granting factory. So, I have compiled a list of things to help you, and myself, get through it.

 1. Belt sad music loudly. No matter what your family says.
2. Suck it up and watch them walk.
3. Go to their grad party. Chances are they will have food.
4. Drink tea. Seriously, it helps.
5. Get them sentimental gifts.
6. Write said friend(s) a letter.
7. FaceTime. Everyday if needed.
8. Watch movies or favorite past times before they leave.
9. Curl up in a ball.
10. Try not to cry.
11. Cry your eyes out. And yourself to sleep. And fall over while doing yoga realizing you will not have another choir class with them.

 It's depressing, trust me I know. But soon you too will be a senior and be leaving people behind as well. Eat some ice cream, it will be okay eventually. Sorry to be depressing. But I do believe I have been changed for the better, I have been changed for good.
 -Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment